Personalised online language lessons for busy, ambitious professionals all over the UK
Log in to the online learning platform Berlitz Virtual Classroom and reach your language goals even with an extremely busy work schedule. If commuting to your nearest language centre and learning in a traditional classroom is not an option for you, this is the flexible online language course you’ve been looking for.
Choose from a wide range of languages and learn from your office, on the bus or your favourite café - wherever you are as long as you have an Internet connection. Log in to Berlitz Virtual Classroom to access fun and interactive yet professional courses, and 1-on-1 live sessions with your own instructor, that have been tailor-made to suit your goals and level.
What is Berlitz Virtual Classroom?
- A Virtual (online) classroom that allows you to interact with your instructor real time using voice and a shared whiteboard. Webcam, chat, annotations and other tools are also available on the Virtual Classroom.
- The live lessons are taught by a real instructor who uses the Berlitz method®.
- You get access to an automatic scheduling system where you can view your live lessons, the lesson recordings, progress reports and more information relevant to your programs.
Introduction to Berlitz Virtual Classroom
Available languages for online learning
There are many languages available, depending on where in the world you are. For the European Virtual Classroom we offer the following languages online:
For who is Berlitz Virtual Classroom online language courses ideally suited?
- Busy professionals traveling frequently who cannot make it to one of our UK language centres
- Working and stay-at-home parents who wish to learn a language without sacrificing family time
- Busy students who are unable to commute and specific times every week
- People who live too far from a Berlitz centre and do not want to sacrifice their learning experience
- Shift workers who deal with an inconvenient, constantly changing work schedule can still take part by planning their own lesson schedule
- Access to the online platform from any device or location. All you need is earphones with a microphone and a wifi connection.
- A personalised learning path that is in line with your professional and personal goals
- Live, private (1-on-1) instruction from a native speaking teacher
- Recorded lessons: play back anytime
- Fun, interactive courses and assignments
When do the online course and live sessions take place?
You can create and manage your own schedule!
Simply log in to do assignments at the best time for you. The live lessons are scheduled at different times so that you can choose the best time for you to join.
What are the live lessons?
The live lessons are 45 minutes long private, online sessions with your instructor - each with their own specific goal for steady progress. Simply log in at your pre-scheduled time to connect.
What do I need to start?
- A laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Fast and steady internet connection
- Earphones or headset with a microphone
- A compatible Internet browser, such as Microsoft Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox (note: limited use with Google Chrome so we recommend using one of the other listed browsers)
What happens after booking?
We will contact you to assess your language level and get you set up for your online lessons. You will then receive the login information to your personalised online learning environment where you can...
Choose and manage your own schedule
Complete interactive assignments
View teacher feedback and corrections
Join the live teaching sessions
Replay live lessons
Can I reschedule a lesson?
Yes you can, within certain deadlines:
Sunday - Friday 6.00 - 21.00 CET
Lessons can be rescheduled the previous working day before 13.00 CET via email@example.com or via your personal Virtual Classroom account.
Sunday lessons can be rescheduled the previous working day (Friday) before 13.00 CET.
What students globally say about Berlitz Virtual Classroom
"I now live and work in Norway and need to learn Norwegian to communicate in work situations and everyday life. I chose the BVC program for convenience and timeliness. I’m very satisfied with my learning progress. The pace is encouraging yet manageable with having a work schedule too. The teaching style is similar to how one is taught their first language and I seem to be responding to this. The instructors are patient and encouraging, and the teaching materials are effective. In addition the level of support from all the staff I have encountered has been really excellent."
- Ms. Johanna Dresel, Consultant - Scandpower AS - Student of Norwegian
"The BVC is an innovative tool to learn a foreign language with. It combines good methodology with flexibility: I can join the lesson anywhere I want to (I just need a good internet connection) without jeopardizing the quality of the teaching. The communication in the virtual lessons is indeed as interactive and effective as it would be in a real lesson. I personally find it very suitable for me as I am travelling a lot for business reasons and I would not be able to attend real classes on a regular basis."
MSc. Amir EHSANI Junior Brand Manager BRAU UNION AG
"The course was very good. Talented teachers. It is very well organized and it's nice that it is possible to change the fixed hours that are set up. It means a lot, as I’m often working offshore when I have lessons."
- Jan Bonde Albertsen Leader Catering & Accomodation Wintershall Norge A/S
"The Virtual Classroom gives me the advantage of not wasting time on transport. I have regular lessons and don’t have to worry about where to leave my child during the lesson. I can study at home, when I am away on holiday, in the evening during a business trip...whenever and wherever I have an internet connection. Besides the fact that the teacher’s professional approach is highly commendable. I also have the possibility of being able to replay my lessons over and over again and repeat those parts of the lesson that I need. The fairly easy way of booking the lessons makes adjustments to my own schedule feasible. The virtual classroom is a great advantage for all those busy people, who need to travel a lot, and at the same time have the need to be in charge of their own timetable. It often happens that I start my day with my feet up in my living room, with a cup of coffee in my hands, with my favourite teacher."