Job Opportunity – Director of Studies
The Director of Studies (DoS) position is firmly committed to providing the highest quality service to both external and internal customers. Under the direction of the Centre Director, the DoS is responsible for the quality delivery of instruction at the Centre and partnering with the Area Manager of Instruction in managing the experience of external and internal customers and the performance of the Centre. By ensuring Berlitz standards in implementation of the Berlitz Learning Cycle and the Berlitz Instructor Qualification Program, the DoS actively influences the retention of customers. Together with the Centre administrative team, the DoS is in charge of uniform implementation of Berlitz quality standards at the Centre.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Customer Satisfaction and Retention
- Reporting, Level Checks, customer feedback, development and delivery of specialized programs and management of student records.
- Manage the integration and use of all components of the teaching programs running at the Centre.
- Work together with Berlitz staff to make special programs available to match customer needs.
- Teach when necessary, any lessons agreed upon with the Centre Director, in order to maintain regular contact with customers and to support instructors in their teaching and counselling duties.
QUALITY OF INSTRUCTION
- Together with the Centre Director & Area Manager, implement and manage the Berlitz Recruitment Process for instructors.
- Manage the ongoing development of Instructors at the Centre, providing appropriate support and direction.
- Manage ongoing instructor performance evaluation for all instructors at the Centre, according to
- Ensure uniform rollout of new curricula and programs.
- Coordinate skills or product training and additional workshops to instruction and non-instruction staff, using the appropriate method and technology, according to the needs of the Centre and in liaison with the Centre Director and Area Manager.
- TEFLQ Qualification as in line with British Council requirements
- Experience in teaching a wide range of clients according to the needs of the Centre.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. (Other language(s) desirable as well)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, e.g., demonstrated as Instructor or previous DoS.
- University Degree or equivalent.
- Business qualification/experience desired, but not essential
- Software skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook/Outlook Express, Learner Management Systems (LMS).
Please send current CV to email@example.com